Global Teletherapy Proudly Announces its Academic Excellence Award
At Global Teletherapy, we understand and appreciate the daunting challenge of financing a college education, whether it be undergraduate or graduate school. For many students and their families this weight is just too much to bear. While we can’t alleviate the burden entirely, we do want to help.
Families deserve an opportunity to provide their children with high-quality education without sinking into debt. Likewise, students deserve to spend their years in college unburdened by the worry of paying off loans after graduation.
With these concerns in mind, Global Teletherapy is proud to help defray the rising costs of higher education. We are offering any current college or graduate school student who understands what it means to accept responsibility to improve his or her community the opportunity to earn a $1,000 merit-based scholarship.
The scholarship will be awarded to the winner of our essay contest. All eligible students, regardless of major, are encouraged to apply. See below for our eligibility requirements and additional details.
In order to participate in the scholarship contest, all applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be enrolled in a college, university, or graduate school during the 2017-2018 academic year
- Must be in good academic standing with his/her current educational institution
- Must have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Must have permission from his/her parent or legal guardian if under 18
- Must apply for the scholarship via email and provide all of the following:
- Full name
- Name of academic institution attending
- PDF copy of applicant’s unofficial transcript
- PDF copy of applicant’s essay
All applicants must submit a 2,000-word essay responding to following:
The Global Teletherapy Academic Excellence Award is designed for students who understand the importance of bettering one’s community. Please discuss and explain:
i) why you feel taking responsibility to help your community is important
ii) what you think the three most critical needs of your community are, and
iii) how you would implement your ideas to improve it.
Helpful Hints for the Essay
- Don’t just Google an answer; we are looking for originality.
- Be prepared to explain your assertions; be convincing.
- You might want to profile a “community hero” to illustrate.
- Be sure your final copy is free of any technical errors (i.e. spelling and grammar).
How Do I Apply?
Eligible students can apply via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to include the words “Scholarship Application” along with your first and last name in the subject line of your email.